NOAH Earthquake Relief Fund
Written by admin
Wednesday, 27 January 2010 01:05
|NOAH Earthquake Relief Fund - Why we need your help.
The National Organization for the Advancement of Haitians (NOAH), is a U.S. based 501(c)(3) foundation dedicated to providing medical and humanitarian relief to Haitians from Natural Disasters and facilitating the training of Haitian medical professionals and building of medical care infrastructure in Haiti. NOAH differentiates itself from other "Haiti directed organizations" in that it provides self-sustaining, relief through Haiti-Americans (diaspora) who speak local languages and
dialects and understand local customs with expertise in emergency medicine, shock-trauma, surgery, general medicine, nursing and engineering. As you can appreciate, these capabilities are vital to being able to not only understand but, to treat victims under the most extreme conditions.
Based upon NOAH's 20 years of supporting Haiti on scheduled medical missions and natural disasters, NOAH has implemented a 6 Step plan:
- Step 1: Immediate Mobilization of the 300 Medical and Engineering Professionals as well as coordinating global volunteers management, logistics and procurement process for travel and supplies.
- Step 2: Establish the "NOAH Medical Relief Command Center" in Germantown, Maryland to coordinate the medical volunteer credentialing, team deployment, supplies, medical products and patient screening systems deployment from a secure data center.
- Step 3: Establish Medical Team Configurations and Sequencing as well as travel and other expense Budget
- Step 4: Coordinate Emergency Product Procurement and Deployment In Concert with Other International Relief Organizations Stockpiles and Procurement Efforts
- Step 5: Prepare Medical Care Clinics and Clinic Supplies Prior to Medical Team Arrivals in Three months Sequence
- Step 6: Establish the Victim Screening, Triage, Reporting Systems and Data management Tools and integrate/data feed International Relief Organizations
In the 72 hours since the earthquake, NOAH has mobilized a volunteer team now approaching 200 professionals, gained transport by Jet Blue, clearance by US state department and is now in deployment stage for first 50 team members. In addition, to support its team, NOAH has been able to source medical supplies consisting of:
At this time, NOAH is undergoing a funding raising to support its vital mission to assist the people of Haiti during this most challenging time. Dr. Baptiste has been interviewed by CNN, ABC and most recently Washington Post and NY Times. It seems that NOAH's capabilities could be duly covered and reported by the Baltimore Sun. As such could you or persons within Baltimore Sun contact NOAH about their activities. NOAH is an exceptional group of diaspora who are incredibly committed to the health and prosperity of their Haitian Brothers and Sisters.
- Sanitizing products,
- Wound care products,
- Trauma kits,
- Dinfecting/decontamination products and 3 emergency tents with full power generation for treatment, triage and housing.